[AT] old expressions

Carl Tatlock carllary at Surfglobal.net
Tue Aug 1 07:04:26 PDT 2006

Indiana Robinson wrote:

>On 31 Jul 2006 at 15:16, Gordon Hart wrote:
>

>>Today they are building houses in NW Ark so close together " you can't cuss
>>a cat without getting fur in your mouth"
>>

>	"The house wasn't big enough to sling a cat".

Up here in New England we'd say " That room wasn't big enough to swing a
cat in."       Also, how about "He is so thin that if he turns sideways
people think he's left town."      Also, "Now  simmer down-- don't get
your tits caught in a wringer."   ....and   "...she'd complain  if she
was hung with a new rope."   (I think that last one refers to my  Aunt
Minnie who never had much good to say about anything.)

   Thanks all, these have been fun to read again-- most of them are from
previous generations.    I use some of them and my children and
grandchildren just look at me funny.
I think they think my brain is .."three ounces lighter than a
match."     Carl in Vermont