[AT] old expressions

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Aug 1 07:59:03 PDT 2006

"Swinging cats" was an efficient way of culling the herd on the farm
when I was a kid.  We had somewhere between 20 and 30 hanging around the
barn and we got them down to a controllable number by grabbing their
back legs and tail and swinging their heads against a rock.  That sort
of thing is now verboten, but it was a necessity back in the 40's.

Larry