[AT] Economy Jim Dandy

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Sat Apr 15 04:30:57 PDT 2006

Thanks, Larry. On Monday I'm taking the unit to a friend of mine's
place who has a machine shop and specializes in various trans, gear
and machinery repairs and custom replacement parts. We'll disassemble
and inspect it there per your instructions and then add, grind and
adjust the shifter end back to specs. He has all the tools needed to
get it done, while I'd probably need to be "creative" if I did it in
my shop. I have to tell you that I was pleasantly surprised that
everything but the shifter end is in such good condition. Contemporary
machinery sure wouldn't hold up any where near that well, which is
why, I guess, we've become such a "disposable society of consumers."

Bob