[Steam-engine] Question please

David Myers walking_tractor at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 18:32:17 PDT 2006

James and all,

>From your answers am I correct to assume that by our
Nichols & Shepard having the trycocks mounted right on
the rear shell and the sight gage on an angle on the
side that we don't have a water gage?  Haven't ever
looked for (and therefore haven't noticed) any
traction engines with this feature.  Was it common or
mostly used on stationary boilers?

Dave Myers
Paw Paw, Michigan