[Farmall] Cub Mower

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Apr 30 10:46:43 PDT 2006

Did you check the drive pulley on the PTO shaft. Woods uses a pulley
that is secured to the hub with a friction fit that is maintained by
three 1/4-20 bolts. While the usual problem is that they cannot be
disassembled, I it is possible that it is slipping.

Otherwise, you are going to have to dig deeper into the PTO assembly and
look for stripped splines, etc. I am not familiar with the 142 mower,
having only the (Woods) C-42, (Danco) C-3, and Woods L59 rotary mowers
on my Cubs.

As far as the skid, I generally rebuild them when they wear out by
welding a piece of scrap steel to the bottom.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence. -Mahatma
Gandhi (1869-1948)