[AT] Getting the shine back

D. Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Apr 30 10:20:03 PDT 2006

The '52 JD 60 I restored back in '98 has several coats of base and 3
hand-rubbed coats of clear coat.  Back in 2002, I brought it home from a
show as a storm was approaching and didn't have time to unload it. My wife
helped me put a tarp over it just as the hail started.  The hail didn't do
any damage, but when the winds came up, the tarp beat the crap out of the
finish.  The guy who painted it swears that it just needs to be buffed to
get the shine back.

I've tried polishing compound and several other compounds he suggested with
no luck.  Would an electric buffer make a difference?

Thanks

Dick Day