[AT] JD 60 manifold gasket

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 22:19:01 PDT 2006

Ken you get that exhaust temp up to red hot and see if your high temp stuff
will hold.  These older tractors have a bad habit of running very hot  exhaust
manifold.  The best solution to a good seal is proper preparation  and
correct gaskets these will last a long time. I know everyone wants a short  cut but
why do it that way and take a chance on something else happening like
cracking the manifold. You just can't find these parts lying about all over the
place you know what I mean.
Someone said to have the manifold machined flat I think that's about the
only good advice I have seen so far on the list about this.
I have two manifolds for my Case LA both are cracked due to heat and
improper installation.
I not trying to start something here I just want those who are new to this
type of work what is the best way to go about it.  Sometime you just  have to
bite the bullet and spend the extra money to do something correctly.
Have you ever seen any of these new fangled sealants on something that came
from the factory. They don't use them and I don't unless they specifically
call  for it.  I have never seen anything other than a gasket on an exhaust
manifold.

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361