[AJD] Coil Testing

Dave deere at gwltd.com
Sat Apr 29 19:28:26 PDT 2006

John thanks for your reply.

To be clear, I have the coil removed from the mag and on my bench. When
I messure the primary side of the coil, it reads 0.1 ohms, which is the
same reading I get when I short the leeds from the VOM. So the coil is
dead short. I would have expected to see a few ohms, you say 0.4 to 1.0
would be normal. This is what I wanted to know. I was sure the coil is
shot, but wanted someone to confirm for me, I think you have done so.

By the way electronics is my way of life, check out my web site and I
think you will see what I mean.

www.w9wrl.com

Thanks for you help
Dave