[AT] JD 60 manifold gasket

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 21:00:13 PDT 2006

Walt,
    Maybe you didn't read my little note about using high temp
silicone on exhaust headers before. From personal experience, IT
WORKS. There are few perfect solutions, and knowing the limits of them
is where you need to start. Maybe you tried a number of different
combinations that DIDN'T work, but give chemical engineers a chance to
change your mind. Many actually take their job seriously and have
designed some good products specifically for this type of application.

I've also successfully used antiseize on exhaust gaskets too. It's got
metal particles in there that help to dissipate the heat and prevent
burning of the gaskets, and you can take them apart again if you need
to reuse the gasket. You're going to use it on the bolts anyway,
right?

Ken in AZ (yes, exhaust systems get red hot here too.)