[Farmall] 100 breaking crankshafts

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Sat Apr 29 08:25:41 PDT 2006

I only have very little experience with 100/Super A, but do have a
question.  does the journal show scoring or discoloration such as
possibly lack of lubrication?  When reinstalling the pulley, the IH
manuals recommend putting it in boiling water for a few minutes before
installing.  This warms it enough to expand it but not enough to damage
the seal when it slides into place.  If there is a threaded hole in then
end of the crank, use a threaded rod and some spacers to pull it on
rather than driving it on.