[AJD] Power steering on Model 50

Wayne Kaiser wwkaiser at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 08:33:50 PDT 2006

I have a 1955 model 50 with power steering that wants to turn to the left.
I have loosened the 4 bolts to the steering unit and tapped it one way or
the other to make it stop.  However when it is in that position I cannot
turn it quickly to the left side.  There seems to be a lot of flutter also.
I checked the steering wheel play when the tractor is off and there is at
least 8 inches play which is what it is supposed to be.  I've attempted to
adjust the pressure screw in and out 4 turns with no positive effect. Any
suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Wayne