[AT] Metal building - now non metal building :-)

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Thu Apr 27 11:04:33 PDT 2006

The building that started the thread is a hoop type building with a short
straight wall section instead of the continuous curve like a traditional
q-hut.   I thought that was what Farmer was talking about as well.

Farmer I don't have one but know of several ranging in age from a few years
to about 30 years.  All of them seem to hold up great.  I haven't heard of
any problems with them once you get them up.  Getting them put up is the
biggest challenge.  Some go up easily others seem to be a struggle.  Not
having actually put one up myself, I don't know if it's the building, the
erector or both that cause the problems.  I did help with one one the first
day they worked on it just because they needed some extra help.  That
particular one was a pain to get up but it appeared to be the fault of the
guys putting it up.  They had never built much of anything let alone one of
these buildings.  On top of that they didn't get the base channel and anchor
bolts correctly located on the slab.  Fortunately on their building the base
channel just bolted down to a flat slab.  They cut off the incorrect anchor
bolts and used red heads to correct the problem.

Charlie