[AT] Fwd: 100 years ago

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Thu Apr 27 10:50:33 PDT 2006

Mike,

We are in complete agreement.  It is becoming fashionable to be a poor
speller and have no apparent notion of the meaning or spelling of words, the
most important part of communication.  A case in point is the many who can
no longer understand the difference between "losing" and "loosing".  It
seems most nowadays get it wrong.  There are many more examples I could
cite, but shouldn't the ball be carried by those stuffy guys who have an
advanced education?  (which I don't) I don't expect to be here in a decade
or two when communication fails completely.  Shouldn't we all pay more
attention?

Just so you know... I was past 60 when I first began to type, so I *DO* try
to pay attention.  That's why I proofread most of what I type before
submitting and expecting others to figure out what I meant.  I don't always
succeed!  :-(

George Willer