[AT] Metal building - now non metal building :-)

Indiana Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Apr 27 08:58:39 PDT 2006

	I have been watching several hoop barns for several years to see how they
held up. Does anyone here have one or know someone who does?
	I no longer look for 100 year life spans...   :-)   Not only do I not
expect to last another 100 years myself, I fear that this farm will be
totally over-run or "taken" possibly as soon as 8 to 12 years. The new
bypass which passes close and is being furiously built now is just one
more approaching pressure. Since any of you folks have been here, like for
Cubfest 2004, there have been another 3 to 4 hundred houses pop up between
town and this farm. There are about 1400 more beyond the drawing board
stage and I was not that far from the city limits as it was. This is the
last of the "circle seven" (donut) counties around Indy to start rapid
growth. It is now trying to catch up all at once. One of the other donut
counties was listed about a year ago as the fastest growing county in the
US.
	It would be a real shame to put up an expensive building here and see it
dozed down. My need is for machinery and hay storage. Too many old
tractors sitting out.   :-)

--
"farmer"

I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack
me at once.   :-)

Refurbished Shopsmith's
Good used SPT's
http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/