[AT] Plow scouring

Gunnells, Bradley R brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu
Mon Apr 24 22:32:23 PDT 2006

This is a good tip. As many of us have dealt with a rusty plow and realized the added difficulty in getting it to work properly and not pull the guts out of the tractor.

As another member indicated "plow coat" is a great thing for plows. I bought a gallon jug many years ago (10?). I paid $10 for it and I haven't used much more than a quart on my 2 bottom plow. I look for the .25 or .50 cent little paint brushes for the job. Pour a little in a toss away cup or butter dish and paint it on. In the fall when I plow under all the grass clippings and stalks it only takes a single pass and things are shiny like a mirror. Now if I could only get the disk in similar shape.

Brad