[Steam-engine] welded boiler repairs

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Mon Apr 24 12:33:23 PDT 2006

I don't think it matters as long as you use an original part from the old
boiler, but if the new boiler is all welded the inspector is likely to
tell you to weld the steam dome on rather than rivet it back on, actually
they would most likely require that it be welded on at least in an
industrial setting, but I think it might be possible that they may allow
one to be riveted back on in the case of a portable or traction engine
boiler. I think that may be up to them.
Andrew.

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com