[AJD] 530 P/S Pump Pulley

Richard E. Garrett rgarrett at evansville.net
Mon Apr 24 06:21:51 PDT 2006

Ken,
When I bought my 720G it had badly worn splines on the fan shaft, and
PS pumpshaft. I could turn the fan almost a full turn. I replaced the
shafts and couplings from the govener to the fan. I was lucky in
finding some NOS and some used parts.
I don't believe you will have much luck with locktite or any of the
fillers. The engine rocks back and forth everytime you shut it off.
That is what wears the splines, and I think it would break the filler.

Richard

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006, Kenneth Jones wrote...

>Getting back to work on my 530 and have a question about the pulley
on the fan shaft.  I got the P/S pump rebuilt back together and
slipped the pulley back on the splined shaft. The movement of the
pulley on the splined shaft is what I feel excessive. It appears that
both the pulley and shaft splines are worn. Can I use Locktite to take
up some of the play or possibly some PC 7 or do you guys have some
other suggestions?  Absent any quick fix, a new pulley would reduce
the play by about half would that cause any problems..

>  Thanks
>
>  Ken Jones
>
>  '59 - 530
>  '47 - M
>  '35 - BR
>
>--0-1033720430-1145840546=:60336

pulley on the fan shaft.  I got the P/S pump rebuilt back
together and slipped the pulley back on the splined shaft. The
movement of the pulley on the splined shaft is what I
feel excessive. It appears that both the pulley and shaft splines
are worn. Can I use Locktite to take up some of the play or possibly
some PC 7 or do you guys have some other suggestions?
Absent any quick fix, a new pulley would reduce the play by about
- BR</div>