[Steam-engine] Tri cocks-

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Apr 24 03:48:28 PDT 2006

Hi again Andrew;
  We're using some old generation type trycocks.  At the tip of the valve
stem is what I'll call a solder pot.  Melt the old out, put in new.  If it
still leaked, then doing some seat re-facing was in order.  Right off hand I
don't remember if the seat was flat or at a bevel.  Will look today.

   The teflon seat/seal sounds trick, especially if it can be replaced as
seen in the old style sink faucets.

   I am not familiar with the new generation line.

   Here's what ours look like:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/482243657/1495118550039077051DsSuUh

  Hope this helps a little,
  RickinMt.