[AJD] CORN PLANTER PART

Richard E. Garrett rgarrett at evansville.net
Fri Apr 21 07:05:37 PDT 2006

I have two 23-B unit planters. Mounted on a tool bar that I use
on my 420W to plant Sweet corn with. One of the drive gears in the
seed box is showing a lot of wear. I tried my local Deere dealer
yesterday, and was informed that it is no longer available. I am
hoping some of you will know where I might find what I need.
First, there is no P/N on the gear. Second, I have two owners manuals.
One printed in 9-57 with P/N A612A for the gear, and the other printed
in 12-55 with P/N P1771B for the gear. I am not sure if these
P/Ns(gears) are interchangeable? all the other P/Ns in the manuals
seem to be the same. I don't know when my planter was made.
I am sure someone has some NOS planter parts, I just have to find
them.
Thanks, Richard