[AJD] Adjusting Crank End play in JD A

Gordon Halley ghalley at wowway.com
Thu Apr 20 14:24:11 PDT 2006

At 09:07 AM 4/20/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>You will want about .010 clearance between the flywheel and case.
>Engage the clutch as suggested in the other replys.
>Brad

I had good results by adjusting the clutch (if necessary), then
bracing something (board, etc.of proper length) between the tire and
clutch to prevent the clutch from moving when pressing the flywheel
on.  As Brad says, maintain 0.010 inch between flywheel and bearing
housing and tighten the flywheel in place. Recheck clearance after
removing prop from clutch. Worked well for me.

Gordon.