[AJD] A Crank End Play, Oil Slinger

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 16:41:56 PDT 2006

   Ok,  The flywheel is off,  I was not able to use
the puller I had thought I would use,  but I still had
one that did the job just fine.

   Now I have oil slinger problems.   I thought that
the pin was not lined up right judging by all the
grime built up around the flywheel and that side of
the tractor,  and I was right, the pin was not where
it should be and the slinger it's self was seized into
the housing.

    I have freed it up,  and ordered new cork and
gaskets for it and a new pin.  If I remember right,
that pin is like a 1/4 x 1/4 piece of key way?   What
I have there currently looks like it is worn paper
thin and won't last long.  Does it just drive out and
the new one drive in?  I have not replaced one of
these before.

     Once the parts come in I should be able to get it
back on asap.

      Thank you all for the help!

             Chris

Chris Carl