[AT] NH 376

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Fri Apr 14 14:24:10 PDT 2006

Farmer we had a JD 24 wire tie baler.  Believe me it is possible to bale the
needles, and they are expensive. Today we don't bale hay or do I have
anything that eats hay.

Today on the JD 3020 I did the bedding for planting squash, cucumbers,
tomatoes and peppers.  We will have to lay the plastic mulch and hook up the
drip irrigation before we can plant. Practically no moisture in the soil.

Day time temperatures in the 90's about 95 yesterday.

I would like a little rain, but we do much better when it is dry than when
it is to wet.

H. L.

On 4/14/2006 2:38:17 PM, Indiana Robinson (robinson at svs.net) wrote: > On 14 Apr 2006 at 10:08, Dan Folske wrote: > > > I have had a JD 24T for several years but last fall a chain tightener > > came off, the chain jumped, got out of time and the needles were in the > > knotters when the plunger hit them. Busted both needles and one of the > > knotter frames. > > > > > I'm not familiar with the JD balers, can't afford the green paint... :-) > But our > old IHC baler has a set of positive stops that raise up when the needles > start moving and drop back down when the needles have lowered clear of > the bale chamber. As long as that mechanism is working properly there is > no way that the plunger can hit the needles in or out of time. When they > lock the plunger it shears off a small shear pin at the flywheel. Does the > > JD have anything like that? I don't recall my old 62-T Oliver or the old > 55-T IHC. > > > > -- > "farmer" > > I try to take one day at a time but sometimes several days attack > me at once. :-) > > http://www.indiana-robinson.0catch.com/ > > > Francis Robinson > Central Indiana, USA > robinson at svs.net > > > > _______________________________________________ > AT mailing list > Remembering Our Friend Cecil Monson 11-4-2005 > http://www.antique-tractor.com/mailman/listinfo/at