[AT] NH 376

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 22:59:46 PDT 2006

We had a 282 which I think is just slightly newer than the 276; I
think it was the only equipment I remember being bought new. We ran it
a lot of years and made a lot of bales trouble-free with it.

Only problems I recall with it were breaking shear pins (ran it pretty
hard on occasion) and breaking the axle on the left side. We had a
dual wheel arrangement option on the left side for better floatation
but the extra tire snapped the axle off a couple times with the added
stress.

Ours had a hydraulic pressure setup for tensioning the bales and it
seemed to be somewhat touchy until you got a setting that worked for
your conditions but if you got familiar with it it was pretty good.

It also had a Wisconsin engine. We pulled it with a 9N or a '39 JD A.
It shook the hitch off the JD (worked the bolts loose so many times it
wore them out) but the JD was a much better speed match that baler on
the dirt we farmed. (northeastern Montana, irrigated clay)

Had a wild ride on a 9N once when it broke an axle... got the tractor
nose a couple feet in the air and it scared the heck outta a certain
young lad. :)

Ken in AZ