[Farmall] Re: Next question..+, - ground

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 13 13:05:39 PDT 2006

DL-
  1.  Reverse the battery installation and the meter should read + measurement.
  2.  MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY...am I to understand that you own a  Vincent motorcycle?  It doesn't happen to be a Black Lightning  with a speedometer the size of a pie plate?  If this should be the  case, please provide me with your address.  I will be over  promptly to steal it. ;-)
  Please share!!!!  Where are the images?
  JM

Dick Love <slikdik at earthlink.net> wrote:  As I fool around further on my newly acquired SuperC I discover that prior
owner has set it up as 6v negative ground. When I got it the water pump had
seized so belts were loosened so pump (and generator) would not function.
Iinstalled a new pump and in the process disconnected the generator leads.
Hooked everything back up and fired it up. Forgot to polarize
generator/regulator. Runs fine (needs some carb adjustment as it "hunts" at
lower rpms). It looks like the ammeter is indicating  in reverse? Should I
leave it the way it is and just polarize as neg ground or should I
disconnect electrics and go back to stock polarity (neg ground) and polarize
that way? My H20 gauge does not work as well..polarity caused?
Bear with me folks. Like someone else on the list I am in insurance business
(pretty much desk jockey) and am not by any means a mechanic or mechanically
inclined. I like tractors as they seem more simple than my classic
motorcycles. Plus they are much more fun at 5mph than a Vincent will ever
be.
Thanks in advance,

Dick
Calabasas, CA