[Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building forFarmall Tractors

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Thu Apr 13 07:16:52 PDT 2006

Jim,  I have access to some firewood  so that is a maybe.....but probably
I probably do not have enough waste oil to merit depending on it.   In my
house I have a hydrothermal furnace (or something like that...it came with
the house), and it makes heating the house a bargain.  I think we have had
one electric bill (house is all electric) over $100 this winter and that
bill was something like $102.  It has not been a hard winter here in
Nebraska but that is pretty cheap.  I don't know the cost of the
furnace/heat bump, but I assume it was more than usual.   The water is
dumped out onto the surface ground rather than back into the ground. Don't
know if that is good or bad.  I assume anything water based in the job I
need to keep running so above freezing.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

James Moran <jrmoraninc at yahoo.com>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
04/12/2006 05:28 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building
forFarmall Tractors

LH-
  And ANOTHER thing....
  regarding the heating issue....
  Did you look into heaters (aka salamander-like) that will burn just
about ANYTHING including waste oil?  What is your firewood  availability?
  There are any number of lesser expensive heating options available if
you are willing to make the investigations.  What about an  air-to-earth
heat pump?
  Hmmm....
  JM

--=_alternative 004E73C68625714F_=

 so that is a maybe.....but probably I probably do not have enough
waste oil to merit depending on it.   In my house I have a hydrothermal
furnace (or something like that...it came with the house), and it makes
heating the house a bargain.  I think we have had one electric bill
(house is all electric) over $100 this winter and that bill was something
like $102.  It has not been a hard winter here in Nebraska but that
is pretty cheap.  I don't know the cost of the furnace/heat bump,
but I assume it was more than usual.   The water is dumped out onto
the surface ground rather than back into the ground.  Don't know if
that is good or bad.  I assume anything water based in the job I need
to keep running so above freezing.</font>
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240<br>
308-865-8535<br>
308-865-8722 fax<br>
hardestyll at unk.edu</font>
Shop and Storage building        forFarmall
Tractors</font></table>
  And ANOTHER thing....<br>
  regarding the heating issue....<br>
  Did you look into heaters (aka salamander-like) that will burn just
 about ANYTHING including waste oil?  What is your firewood  availability?
  There are any number of lesser expensive heating options available
if  you are willing to make the investigations.  What about an
 air-to-earth heat pump?<br>
  Hmmm....<br>
  JM<br>
</tt></font>