[Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building forFarmall Tractors

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Wed Apr 12 15:10:32 PDT 2006

Larry Hardesty, Ph.D.
Dean of the Library
Calvin T. Ryan Library
University of Nebraska at Kearney
2508 11th Avenue
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"Jerry Rhodes" <jlrhod at alltel.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
04/12/2006 02:58 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building
forFarmall Tractors

Jerry,   Thanks very much.   Good information.

Larry

Larry, having help biuld 100's and installed overhead doors in 1000's of
polebarn, here is what I've found that helps alot, made sure the site in
good and level, saves on fill, that the roof grew put insulation under the

roof tin..stops sweating..I've seen building drip like rain on H& H days,
would only put a 10x10 door in the shop to the outside and a 12x14 or
14x14
from the shop to the storage area then a 12x14 or 14x14 from the storage
area to the outside ...saves on shop heat whae moving equipment in the
winter...do any thing you think you can handle yourself...with 14' high
doors you will need 16' clear to the eves...not to the bottom of the
overhang but to the bottom trusses...you need 15" clear over the headers
of
the doors...and openers that you will want for that size doors...I can get

you some local pricing if you need ..I retired my business about 4 yr ago
( const & doors)..hope this helps, please will me know if you need more
info
Jerry NW Ohio

--=_alternative 0079D07B8625714E_=

Dean of the Library<br>
Calvin T. Ryan Library<br>
University of Nebraska at Kearney<br>
2508 11th Avenue<br>
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240<br>
308-865-8535<br>
308-865-8722 fax<br>
hardestyll at unk.edu</font>
<farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com></font>
Shop and Storage building        forFarmall
Tractors</font></table>
Good information.</font>
doors in 1000's of <br>
polebarn, here is what I've found that helps alot, made sure the site in
good and level, saves on fill, that the roof grew put insulation under
the <br>
roof tin..stops sweating..I've seen building drip like rain on H& H
days, I <br>
would only put a 10x10 door in the shop to the outside and a 12x14 or 14x14
from the shop to the storage area then a 12x14 or 14x14 from the storage
area to the outside ...saves on shop heat whae moving equipment in the
winter...do any thing you think you can handle yourself...with 14' high
doors you will need 16' clear to the eves...not to the bottom of the <br>
overhang but to the bottom trusses...you need 15" clear over the headers
of <br>
the doors...and openers that you will want for that size doors...I can
get <br>
you some local pricing if you need ..I retired my business about 4 yr ago
( const & doors)..hope this helps, please will me know if you need
more info<br>
Jerry NW Ohio<br>
</tt></font>