[Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building for Farmall Tractors

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:41:00 PDT 2006

H. Fry,     Mine are now running but never know about the future.   The
pull/winch attachment idea sound like a good one.

Thanks

Larry

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

Larry, don't know if you work on many derilicts or not; if you do, put
three (or more) recessed pull/winch attachment points in the slab.  Had
thought about it before we poured our slab, but slipped my mind till after
the pour.  Had planned to put two plates down at the back of the slab; one
in line with door center and another slightly offset to one side.  Also
intended to put a third plate down about two feet outside the front door
in the ramp up to the slab.  With this arrangement we could pull the old
tractors/implements into the workshop and also pull them back out the
front door with a small winch.  One thing I did remember to put in is two
deck drains which have come in handy for washdowns.
One option to save on heating costs is to put a partition between the
workshop and storage area.  This has the benefit of easier heating
arrangements, keeping the dirt out of the shop and providing wall space
for more storage...of course it has the drawback of having to add another
door.  Just some ideas.  Good luck.
H. Fry

--=_alternative 0066A1608625714E_=

but never know about the future.   The pull/winch attachment idea
sound like a good one.</font>
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240<br>
308-865-8535<br>
308-865-8722 fax<br>
hardestyll at unk.edu</font>
not; if you do, put three (or more) recessed pull/winch attachment points
in the slab.  Had thought about it before we poured our slab, but
slipped my mind till after the pour.  Had planned to put two plates
down at the back of the slab; one in line with door center and another
slightly offset to one side.  Also intended to put a third plate down
about two feet outside the front door in the ramp up to the slab.  With
this arrangement we could pull the old tractors/implements into the workshop
and also pull them back out the front door with a small winch.  One
thing I did remember to put in is two deck drains which have come in handy
for washdowns.  <br>
One option to save on heating costs is to put a partition between the workshop
and storage area.  This has the benefit of easier heating arrangements,
keeping the dirt out of the shop and providing wall space for more storage...of
course it has the drawback of having to add another door.  Just some
ideas.  Good luck.<br>
H. Fry<br>
</tt></font>