[AJD] Tommy's AR

Tommy Wilson t17wilson at cox.net
Tue Apr 11 20:11:31 PDT 2006

Chris,
         I was thinking the show was this coming weekend, but
actually it is the next weekend April 21 & 22 so I've got an extra
week. Got the new wheels from JD yesterday and put the tires on today
and took it out for its first ride. It did pretty well. The decals
came in from Jorde tonight so I'll put them on tomorrow. And I've got
to find the ring that holds the air cleaner bottom on. Other than
that, it's pretty much ready to go. I do have a couple of questions
for you though. Greg, chime in if you can help.

1. How do the battery box lids attach? They have a tab with two slots
but I can't figure out how to make them hinge!
2. What did you use for handles for the lids? I'm thinking of using a
bolt with a double nut on the bottom.
3. What about decal placement? All the pictures I've seen have the
John Deere centered on the hood. I assume they didn't move that
towards the front like the later B's.
4. Where does the "John Deere Quality Farm Equipment" decal go? It
goes on the front of the battery box on the A's and B's.
5. What about the AR decals? Centered on the side of the grille/nose
but how high up from the bottom?
6. Power-Trol decal. Where should it be?

I've added some more pictures to my Fotki site. The best way to find
them is to do a search for "AR". Only one tractor comes up! Thanks
for your help....TW