[Farmall] Only Slightly off topic: Shop and Storage building for Farmall ...

Farmallgray at aol.com Farmallgray at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 19:11:00 PDT 2006

It sounds like you are building something very similar to mine which I  built
about 3 yrs ago.
Mine is 50X72 with the doors centered on the ends. With 50' wide you have a
center aisle and can park tractors on either side. I park my vehicles in the
center aisle. I can pull any tractor out without moving any others. I only
have  to move my vehicles. It is layed out similar to a lot of big car dealer's
shops.  I wanted to doors on the ends so that I don't have to deal with snow
that slides  off the roof in front of the doors. I built mine all myself with
materials from  Kentucky steel truss buildings. It uses steel web trusses. I put
the shell  up in one summer. From the particular company I got it from 50X72
was cheaper  per sq ft than 40x80
was too. Mine is situated east to west, so I get good ventilation when both
big doors are open. I didn't want skylights because I was afraid of leakage,
and  I didn't want the sun to fade the paint on my tractors. Plus they weren't
in the  budget.
I just put electric to it last fall (200 amp) and I'm wiring it now. I
eventually want to partition off a 24X50
area for a shop. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I work on it as $  permits.
Todd

-------------------------------1144807860

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>It sounds like you are building something very similar to mine which&nb=
sp;I=20
built about 3 yrs ago.</DIV>
<DIV>Mine is 50X72 with the doors centered on the ends. With 50' wide you ha=
ve a=20
center aisle and can park tractors on either side. I park my vehicles in the=
=20
center aisle. I can pull any tractor out without moving any others. I only h=
ave=20
to move my vehicles. It is layed out similar to a lot of big car dealer's sh=
ops.=20
I wanted to doors on the ends so that I don't have to deal with snow that sl=
ides=20
off the roof in front of the doors. I built mine all myself with materials f=
rom=20
Kentucky steel truss buildings. It uses steel web trusses. I put the sh=
ell=20
up in one summer. From the particular company I got it from 50X72 was cheape=
r=20
per sq ft than 40x80</DIV>
<DIV>was too. Mine is situated east to west, so I get good ventilation when=20=
both=20
big doors are open. I didn't want skylights because I was afraid of leakage,=
 and=20
I didn't want the sun to fade the paint on my tractors. Plus they weren't in=
 the=20
budget.</DIV>
<DIV>I just put electric to it last fall (200 amp) and I'm wiring it now. I=20
eventually want to partition off a 24X50</DIV>
<DIV>area for a shop. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I work on it as $=20
permits.</DIV>
<DIV>Todd</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>