[AT] OT for those interested in aviation

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Tue Apr 11 07:45:24 PDT 2006

Charlie, Lyle, Walt, and all:
         This should be my 31st season of crop dusting, if I get there.  I
have not started the season yet, so you never know.
         The airports I operate out of primarily, are in the "low
resolution" areas of Google Earth photos.  My main location is Ackley, Iowa
municipal, 4C7.  That happens to be a couple hundred miles from where I
live.  It is a long story.  When near home, I fly out of Martin Field,
South Sioux City, NE,7K8; or Lawton Airport, Lawton, IA, IA84.  I base my
"people hauling" old airplane at James G. Whiting Memorial Field Airport at
Mapleton, IA, MEY.  When the weather is bad, the aircraft using the ILS
approach to 31 at SUX, Sioux City, Iowa Col. Bud Day Field fly right over
my barn if they are on course.  It is in perfect alignment with the
localizer and about 2 or so miles outside the outer marker.  I keep the
airplanes here on the place in the winter.  In a shed with the old tractors.
         That is probably more than anyone needs to know, but when I get
going.......
Ron Cook
Salix, IA
http://www.longlines.com/~rlcook/