[AT] OT Humor

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Mon Apr 10 17:41:16 PDT 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 20:11, DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:

>   You should really take a look at the new channels on the TV with all  the
> discovery and History and Nat. Geographic's channels there is a lot to see
> that is educational.

Everyone told me that for years.  Then one time I actually tried to watch
those channels.    I will grant that they are better than the normal filth
that is on TV, but they are just barely educational.    The rule seems to be
just enough education to pass ourselves off as educational, and don't you
dare put anything more in.    Just as they reach the point where an informed
person is learning something (that is beyond the introduciton to get everyone
on the same page) they switch to a different topic.

There is a reason I've never owned a TV in my life.   I could watch the
educational channels - if I was stuck in bed for a long time unable to even
turn the pages of a book.   (Note that you need to be just as selective about
books as about TV, but if you are you can find better quality)