[AT] OT for those interested in aviation

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sun Apr 9 13:36:47 PDT 2006

I agree Dean.   I just watched a flight come out of Memphis back to
Raleigh/Durham.  I don't personally know the folks on board but have met the
planes owner and one of the guys on the flight.  I won't go into the reason
for the flight.  It's a little too far off topic.  It was facinating and
spooky tracking the flight.  The site will update once a minute if you
refresh the screen.  It shows the heading, altitude, ground speed, lat/lon
of the flight.  If someone you knew was on board and something  erratic
happened it would scare you to death.

The plane I was watching was a Gulf Stream.  She had a nice tail wind.  Was
making 484 kts at one point and came home from Memphis to RDU in 1 hour 35
min, take off to touch down.