[AT] 8-volt batteries in 6-volt tractors

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Sat Apr 8 17:23:43 PDT 2006

I know I'm late with my 2cents, but I have always used a 6 volt charging
system on an 8 volt battery without trouble.  You might need to tweak
the regulator.  Also, FWIW, I have used a 6 volt charging system on a
twelve volt battery and have kept the battery charged well enough to run
lights, start the tractor, without any trouble for 6 years, good life, I
thought, for a battery.

Ed