[AT] OT vehicle question?

Lyle DeWitt Myles lyle45859 at netzero.com
Fri Apr 7 19:03:00 PDT 2006

One thing a person over looks on a truck or van that gets poor gas mileage
is that most can be equipped with and overdrive unit placed behind the
regular tranny. I have a 1987 F 150 Ford truck that I bought new. Without
the over drive I was only getting about thirteen miles to the gallon and
with the overdrive unit I now get about twenty. Most of these can be
installed I say for less than a thousand dollars and if you do a lot of
driving they will pay for themselves in short order. Places like Jags have
these units and several speed shops carry these as well. One thing on this
is that you will have to have a drive shaft made as once the unit is
installed the tranny becomes longer.

Lyle Myles
May the Lord be with each and everyone this beautiful day that the Lord has
given each and every one of us.