[Farmall] Re: Belt pulley gear alignment and shims.

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Fri Apr 7 12:42:23 PDT 2006

The 2 housings shouldn't have a gasket.  Steel shims go in there as required
to set the gears.  There are also steel shims at the outer bearing carrier
on the pulley shaft to set the mesh the other direction.  The I&T manual
simply says to "adjust gears so that heels are in register and backlash is
from 0.004 - 0.006."  If there is any wear showing on the gears, I would go
towards the large side on the backlash.

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net