[Farmall] Re: Belt pulley gear lube

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Apr 6 16:37:00 PDT 2006

The pulley and PTO assembly normally is oiled from the tranmission.  You can
dump a little transmision oil in that plug if you want to get some oil in
there initially, it won't hurt any thing.  But within a very short time, it
will get all the oil it needs anyway.  The main reason for the plug is so
you can see the gear mesh when you put the pulley attachment on.  You did
check the gears and shim the pulley housing accordingly didn't you?

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net