[AJD] AR Front wheels

Tommy Wilson t17wilson at cox.net
Wed Apr 5 08:56:57 PDT 2006

Ok, somebody tell me I'm not going crazy. Got the new tires in
yesterday. When the tire guy went to mount the fronts he stopped and
went to measure the wheel. He said it was an 18" wheel and I had
7.50x16s to go on and it wouldn't fit. That confused me so I brought
them home to do so checking. I knew there were two possible sizes and
I had gotten the wrong ones. The old tires were junk but I'm SURE
they were 7.50x16. The two sizes are 6.00x16 and 7.50x16. No 18s!
What am I missing here? Did the tire guy not know what he was talking
about? BTW, I now have more per tire in the rear Rice and Canes than
I paid for the whole tractor! Thanks.....TW

Tommy Wilson
Ruston, LA
1950 IH H
1950 JD AR