[AT] WD Timing

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Wed Apr 5 06:47:35 PDT 2006

It's been a while but my recollection is that you center the line on the rim
of the flywheel that has the X on the face through the BOTTOM port.  It
should be right in the opening.  For the X you may need a small flexible
mirror.  I wound up marking some wheels at 180 degrees so I could be
standing while seeing the mark in the top port and bringing the piston to
TDC without all that scrambling up and down.  I'm confused why you can't see
the flywheel easily through the port.  Are you sure you've opened the write
inspection plate?  There are several on both the top and the bottom of the
drive train components.  As I've told you, I believe the top one is right on
top of the clutch-flywheel bell that attaches to the rear of the engine
block.  If you have a starting motor mounted...and I think you do...you
probably have to pull it and the inspection plate is right under it.  Do I
have to come over there and look at that thing with you?  I sure could use
the field trip.....

By the way, your crank is on the way.

Ol' Rog