[Steam-engine] Question please

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 11:24:43 PDT 2006

James pretty much says it all.  I bet that water
columns are more common than you think.  I haven't
seen that many Case engines but I don't remember
seeing one without a water column.  I also seemed like
case likes to put them far away from the operator so
that you need binoculars to see it.  Distance from the
operator is also a bit of a safety feature.  The glass
on Jansen's Minneapolis is mounted on the back head.
When the glass blew out at the Pinckneyville show it
cut the operator's arm and gave him minor burns.

Andy Glines
Evansville, IN