[AT] Some ads from the 4/1 Lancaster Farming

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Apr 3 08:06:25 PDT 2006

Mattias - I very much doubt that this guy wants anything more than
decorative items for his collection of antique arms. Unfortunately, in
this day and age, his hobby is likely to draw the attention of the
government investigators. After all if little old ladies get strip
searched after manicure scissors are discovered in their luggage at
airports, you can imagine what happens to someone advertising that he is
looking for a bazooka or mortar! :-)

Back in the 1960s, I used to collect historic rifles, and I went to a
dealer near New York to look for a particular one (an Austrian
Mannlicher-Schoenauer). He has a few up on some higher shelves, and I
had to climb up on what I thought were some old plumbing pipes to get up
there. When I got down, I realized that they were WWII bazookas. He had
all kinds of stuff sitting around, including anti-tank "recoilless"
rifles, German 9 mm machine pistols, etc. Years later I read that he had
been arrested while transporting a truck (lorry) load of armaments down
to Florida for use by anti-Castro elements. I think that was the end of
his operation called "Service Armaments, Inc."

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ

"Man's capacity for justice makes democracy possible,
but man´s inclination to injustice makes democracy necessary."
Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971), US theologian.