[AT] WD Timing

D. Day ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Apr 2 21:18:23 PDT 2006

I've never had to set timing on anything with more than 2 cylinders before
and need some help :)

Can anyone tell me where on the WD flywheel you are supposed to find the
center and firing marks?  I did find an "X" on the front side (not the
clutch side) by removing the sheet metal plate next to the oil pan.  Am I
looking in the right place?  There are several inspection covers, one under
the starter and one on the bottom side, but they appear to be too far away
from the flywheel to see it.  The service manual says that the firing mark
should be visible in the inspection opening when the center mark is
centered.

Thanks,

Dick