[AT] OT Heating with wood

George Willer gwill at toast.net
Thu Sep 29 20:35:40 PDT 2005

Karl,

You may have a plan that will work, but one item is often overlooked.  Your
house can be compared to a hot air balloon that is too heavy to fly.  You
would feel unsafe with a hole in the top of the balloon and your house works
the same way.  Do whatever you can to close the damper or seal the front of
the fireplace to eliminate that horrendous loss of heat.

George Willer