[AT] Re: [AT) Gas in the rise/Burning with wood

David Holcombe Dlholcombe at una.edu
Thu Sep 29 20:02:14 PDT 2005

I live in Alabama , 1/4  of a mile south of  the Tn state line.
Before Rita can ashore gas in savannah Tn dropped to 2.35 and
to 2.54  in Florence Al.
Today it is 2.99 in both Savannah and Florence.
Thirty years ago this was called stealing, price gouging, just plain wrong,
today its called supply and demand, free market economy, one world order.

I have a King wood heater that hasn't had a fire in it in about 10 years. It
is still
piped to the chimney down in my basement. I may fire it up this winter.

There  is no better feeling than going out to the wood pile with the ole
8lb sledge hammer, 2 or 3 wedges, and a 6lb splitter to split some
15" Oak or Hackberry wood.
It's about the only thing I can still "OUT-DO"  my 14 and 21 year old boys.
Splitting wood the old fashion way for about an hour will cause you to put
oxygen down into the bottom of those ole lungs.

David Holcombe in NW AL