[AJD] John Deere D PTO

Luke Tonneberger jdgp1930 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 15 04:37:32 PDT 2005

Hi Greg,

It does appear the PTO is awful close to your left leg
on a D. I've seen a couple with the shield on and as
long as your not wearing bell bottom pants I think
you'd be relatively safe.  I don't have a cutter yet.
I'm still in the 'thinking' stage.  I've seen some
older brush hogs that were a true pull behind and not
the 3 point type. The pull behind is the type I was
planning on getting, if I can find one. I've looked in
the classified sections on a couple web pages and
havn't seen any come up.  Have not looked locally for
one yet. I would think the PTO for styled D would be
different than an unstyled, but I haven't a clue on
that.....

Luke Tonneberger
Rockford, Michigan
USA