was Re: [AT] WHERE IS EVERYONE now Hurricane Ophelia

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 04:09:46 PDT 2005

John it is terribly dry here too.  Leaves are falling off the trees and
grass is twisted up in the yard.  We need some rain but I'm afraid we don't
need what is comming.  It shouldn't be a bad storm in terms of wind.  At
least not as far as property damage from wind.
Flooding will probably be a problem in low lying areas and rain and wind
will damage the crops.   For those  not familiar with this area of the
country.  There is not a spot in our entire county that is over 30 feet
above sea level and we are one county in from the coast.  That means there
are lots of low lying areas.

John the last crop of soy beans I ever grew was absolutely beautiful.  Waist
high and they filled the middles completely.  I had walked the entire crop
(20 or so acres) myself and pulled every weed I could  find.  Then it turned
dry in August.  My beans were about the size of BB shot.  20 acres didn't
fill a 2 ton truck.

Charlie