[AT] Re[2]: [Farmall] running a Farmall H on ethanol

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 11:42:16 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/5/2005 11:05:51 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rlgoss at evansville.net  writes:
http://www.ethanolrfa.org/factfic_enperf.html.

As with all  things off of the Internet, all the information that you see
has to be  treated with a healthy amount of  skepticism.

Larry

You  are right Larry don't believe everything that is on the Internet.

I  noticed a couple of small things on the site that you pointed out.
1. Race  car drivers use ethanol for better performance ( they didn't mention
that they  use 3 to 4 times the amount of fuel compared to gasoline. Indy.
had to make  mandatory fuel stops to keep the race on an equal basis between
those who ran  Ethanol and those who ran gasoline.)
2. They pointed  that gasoline  additives to clean the system came out in the
80s (I remember them coming out in  the mid 50s  30 years earlier.)

3. They say that you don't get any  loss of economy with Ethanol blends.
(BUMMER I guess all those test are wrong)

All I can say is on the government test that we ran on the Chey Luv pickups
with a 4 cly. engine we had terrible fuel mileage on all 25 vehicles that were
 bought brand new from the local dealers. They test and watched by government
 people who came out and followed the test from start to finish. If anyone
doesn't believe what I say then that's alright they have there own right to not
 agree, all I can say is I saw this test with my own eyes and was part of it.
So  I know what I saw as a fact.
If you don't believe me then ask any race  driver who run Ethanol and see
what mileage he gets compared to gasoline.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460