[AT] Re[2]: [Farmall] running a Farmall H on ethanol

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 12:20:41 PDT 2005

Spencer after being involved in one the  government studies using 85 percent
ethanol and 15 percent gasoline I can tell  you that those figures had to be
made up or just plain biased because in the  actual test we burned as much gas
as we would have before the change over. also  we had to burn all that
ethanol.
I wonder where some people get there test  figures from. We sure couldn't do
any better 5 to 6 MPG in a Chevy S 10 4  banger. Had to put a 40 gallon fuel
tank on them to get back home from a town  trip.

Of course we may have just been bad drivers or something thing like  that but
I still say its not going to work and if it did them why don't we see  more
of it. I would like to use ethanol if it was practical but its not.

Walt Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361
503 623-0460