[AT] Help--sickle grinders

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Sat Sep 3 13:17:41 PDT 2005

> Personally, I think a sickle bar mower hanging on the side or rear of an
> antique tractor is neat.  That's the way I remember the tractors always
> being outfitted on the farm when I was growing up

My grandfather kept a belly mounted sickle mower on his Farmall A most of
the time.  We would reach up and grab the lift control lever and use the
mower like an elevator.  Hadn't thought of that in a long time.  It was
easier just to step up on the tractor but that wouldn't have been as much
fun.

Charlie