[AT] Gasoline $ another view

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Sep 2 10:06:13 PDT 2005

Roger Welsch wrote:
> If the oil companies are just squeaking by on a reasonable mark up, how is
> that last year they recorded record profits?  I'm not good at math but I do
> know something about logic.
The independent retailers only make a few cents on each gallon sold, and
with the price of each new load much larger than the last, it is tough
for them to come up with the additional money to refill their tanks.
Meanwhile, as you say, the big oil companies have so much profit, they
don't know what to do with it. I read that Exxon Mobil had over $25
*billion* in profit last year on revenues of $289 billion.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Website: <www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his
point of view. -Harper Lee, writer (1926- )