[AT] One of two things I like about the list and afuelconsumption question for the list

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Fri Sep 2 09:34:29 PDT 2005

Grant,  I used to drive a Chevy dump truck (30 years  ago).  It had a 5
speed manual with a 4 speed manual behind it.  It made for lots of gear
selections  but I'm not sure how efficient it was.  Each of those gear boxes
burns up some HP.

One more thing  comes to mind.  Are you familiar with drag boats?
They use a 2 speed Lenco (sp) air shift transmission.  Probably more
expensive than the Gearvendors but if you could find one on EBay it should
handle the torque load.

Charlie